I have my new man-crush for 2010. His name is Aiden Turner. He was on All My Children for 7 years and is currently on (quote/unquote) Dancing with the (quote/unquote) Stars*. Isn't he handsome??? PLUS he's from Australia and has a dreamy accent.
And not to worry, Lee Pace, you've still got a spot in my heart.
* The reason for the "quote/unquotes" is because they're not really dancing and they're far from stars. I'm just sayin'....
After the jump, watch a clip of him being interviewed and see what I'm talkin' bout.
Warning: Numerous douchebag alert. I mean...really?
UPDATE: The video has been deemed "private" by said douchebags. I totally understand that they don't want the world watching them dance around shirtless, trying to act sexy. They're gonna leave that to the muscle gays...
There are days where I just sit and fantasize about being Mrs. Jake Gyllenhaal. It sounds super gay, but I am exactly that -- super gay.
When I came across this picture it made me realize that we have a lot in common: Jake is exiting a TWA flight in a sunny destination -- my mother was a flight attendant for TWA and I flew on that same airlines throughout my childhood and my teens to California. See?
It's a stretch, I know, but a gal can dream, can't she? (God I need to get laid...) DAYS LEFT IN OFFICE: 503
Before telling you which one was deemed "My Type", I wanna give you a few results from the quiz. I was told that:
* My photo choices suggest a man over 40 is probably getting a little old for your tastes (not an Anna Nicole)
* I seemed interested in dating a man at least 25 or older (not into "twinks")
* I liked very handsome men (and who doesn't...?)
* A lot of the features I liked are not especially popular / they're not what usually defines "mainstream" attractiveness for men. (VERY true...if you have a wandering eye, I'm all over you)
* Some may call one of [my] types "Pretty Boys," (did it not just tell me I liked "features that were not mainstream"???)
* I liked long and narrow "rectangular" faces / I prefered "Ecto-Mesomorphs," with narrow chins and nicely angular faces. (sometimes)
* I seemed especially interested in men with green eyes (um...okay)
* I also appeared to like a number of guys we refer to as "Surfer Dudes." (you can take the boy out of California...)
* I'm very selective. (see also: very picky)
* I prefer to date men who are about the same height I am, or maybe up to 2 inches taller. (oh my god...I'm a height-ist!)
* I've shown that I'm open to men who wear glasses (VERY true...ask AJ)
* I preferred men to have nice average-sized lips; not too thin and not too full (sorry Steven Tyler)
* A good head of hair is a real turn on for me, but I gave special attention to men with short , deep brown hair (but dirty blondes are hot, too)
They then told me that #5 was the most my type with #3 coming in second and #4/#1 coming in third. (#2 was my surfer-boy type) This descision was, I guess, based on the fact that "I seemed to like bald men who were attractive and had an especially masculine look." No offense to those who haven't a-hair-on-their-head but I do sometimes prefer guys with shaved heads a la G.I. Joe -- not so much with the Kojak look.
I guess my point is that "my type" is all over the map...my preferences change by the minute. Too bad outgoing and funny-as-hell aren't physical traits because it could be narrowed down even further.
I stumbled across this guy's picture which had a link to his website and was completely amazed by what he's been through.
Thom started his acting career in 1986 playing Phillip Chancellor on The Young and the Restless. He was also in the closet. He bought a house with his lover (who was also the show's florist.) His two younger brothers, Craig and Troy, moved into his Hollywood house to live with he and his boyfriend. After 3 years of being on the show, Thom and CBS decided it would be best to move on and not sign another 2 year contract. It was, after all, during the AIDS scare and gay (closeted) actors were thought of as a risk with kissing scenes.
A mere 2 months after walking away from the show, Thom's schizofrenic brother Troy beat their mother to death with a bat. He was caught after 2 weeks of running and sent to prison for life without parole. His other brother Craig moved out and later married. Thom stopped acting for a while and finally began guest appearances on Melrose Place, Murder She Wrote, Matlock, & Highway to Heaven.
In 2001, Thom's youngest brother Craig, shot himself in the head. He was living in his own apartment while separated from his wife. Thom found the body.
When Thom decided to audition for Big Brother 3 recently, he made the conscious descision to come out of the closet (well...to Hollywood), but wouldn't sign the permission contract with CBS to allow them to do a background check on him as he didn't want all his family issues rehashed. Needless to say, he wasn't cast. Thom has also written a book which he hopes will be picked up.
All this info. from a pic that made me ask, "Who's that?"
(As you may or may not have noticed, I got rid of the Oprah blog from yesterday...I had a heapin' heppin' of estrogen and decided to write about it...like Oprah givin' out expensive gifts was noteworthy...won't happen again...)