The 2006 VMAs are on tonight, and these are a few examples of the rockin' shirts they gave away to promote the nominees. I love the Christina and Justin t-shirt. In fact, I think I'll sport them both this weekend... (thanks, Kevin)
DN's Back to School Special on Sunday September 3rd
Get your rulers out as Daniel Nardicio brings you his very naughty Back to School Party. Watch as 6 nekkid student bodies obey their "Head"master in this Labor Day bacchanalian sleaze fest where there may be a lot of lessons but there's no class! This party is guaranteed to get you down to your skivvies in minutes. If you've ever heard of a notorious DN event, this is a perfect chance to see one in action! With DJ Aaron "Juvenile Delinquent" Elvis spinning the hits and Aaron Cobett co-hosting. $20 in advance, $25 at the door. Go to Dlist.com for details. To order tickets on-line, click here.
Back to School Party (Sun. Sept. 3rd) 385 Broadway #2F (btw Walker and White) 11pm - ???
Any train to Canal St. (The 1, 9, 6, N, R, A, C, E all stop at Canal)
** Side note: Be there, cuz I'm spinning and it promises to be fun. They always are, y'all.
Today marks the one year anniversary of what has become America's greatest tragedy Hurricane Katrina. On this day that very same hurricane barely missed New Orleans and hit Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. However the levees in New Orleans were built incorrectly and broke in three places flooding 80 percent of the city. This flood killed over a thousand, made thousands more homeless, and destroyed numerous lives. Perhaps saddest of all was that federal help to those trapped in the city (be it at The Super Dome or the Convention Center) was nowhere to be found for at least 4 days following. Those people were treated like animals and many of them needlessly starved to death or died from dehydration, all because our government couldn't get it's shit together and help it's own.
I find that to be unforgivable.
It's 365 days later and I'm still incensed and disheartened by the human cruelty that happened during that time and am incensed and disheartned by the fact that I have yet to see any progress being made to help those who lost everything. Unforgivable.
I pray that we never have to see anything like that again. Ever.
Miss Gusty Winds performed last night at Therapy for their 80's themed Keg Night. Unfortch some idiot threw his hat to someone else during this genius number and was scolded by Mz. Winds herself. And, mtrust, hell hath no fury like a drag queen scorned! DJ Destiny turned it out with long-forgotten tracks such as Deborah Debbie Gibson's "Electric Youth" and Pia Zadora & Jermaine Jackson's "When The Rain Begins To Fall." The bitch even played a few episodes of Club MTV (which he was a featured dancer...). Again, please.
1. John Karr, the alleged "killer" is not the killer of JonBenet Ramsey. Dunno how I know this but have a weird gut feeling that he's just an obsessive sociopath. Watch him talk to the press and stammer over the question "How did you get in the basement?". He has no problem admitting that she was in the basement and that she "died accidentally" ("her death was an accident") but can't comment on his relationship with The Ramseys nor how long he knew JonBenet. WEIRD and wrong.
2. Alison was kicked off Project Runway and Vincent and Angela are still there? Are you shitting me??? You mean to tell me that this dress was far less worthy to pass a competition than this or THIS? Neither Vincent or Angela make even good TV -- they're just boring. I was excited to think about Alison being in the top three (along with Michael and Uli, but my dreams were squashed like a recycled styrofoam peanut under the foot of Tim Gunn. Just WRONG.
3. Benji beat out Travis on So You Think You Can Dance last night. He may have been the best dancer but he wasn't America's favorite dancer. This isn't that wrong, but I still think Travis was the better of two... No matter, though, as Travis will work and not have to be Celine Dion's butt boy for a full year. PLUS Mia Michaels will, I'm sure, cast him as one of her dancers for one of the many upcoming projects she has on her plate. Mayhaps he can even become a member of Mia's incredible dance company R.A.W. Wrong-ish.
I may be a few days late with this, but whaddup with Somethin' pooping on the stairs during the premiere episode of Flavor Of Love 2?? Poop-ing. That is just wrong! WRONG!!!
The girls on this show are genius -- GENIUS, I tell ya'. Where else can you watch girls fist fighting over the most ridiculous things (like ho' who gets which bed) and getting physically carried out of the house. Not to mention more drama than Celine Dion in concert.
Oh, that's right....you can see all that on Jerry Springer. My bad.
* "Exhaustion" is Hollywoodspeak for hung-over and/or coming down from crack. If only I could take days off work for being "exhausted" I would feel free to spend every night drinking comp drinks and sniffing primo cocaine.
* Mel Gibson has always been a bigoted, homophobic, masogonistic, alcholholic prick. This is not news. To quote Kiki: "Jesus died so that Mel Gibson could be a billionaire."
* Anorexic and bulemic celebrities' bones bother me. The skeleton look is not becoming and reeks of desperation and (*gasp*) narcissism. Victoria Beckham looks like a bobble head on top of a pencil.
* Crappy Casting: John Travolta as J.R. Ewing(?) in Dallas and Edna Turnblad(???) in Hairspray, Jennifer Lopez as Sue Ellen Ewing in Dallas (oh, wait...she unexplainably quit this project), and Jessica Simpson as Tess McGill in Working Girl (do we really need to remake a perfect movie? and with a crappy actress??).
* So You Think You Can Dance is exciting weeke after week. And I'm torn with who I think should win: Travis is my fave. No, Heidi. Wait -- Benji. Hold on: Natalie. Actually any one of them could win and I'd be happy. Did you see this number last night? Or my FAVE number choreographed by Mia Michaels?
* All my stories start back up in about week or so. This means I'll become a slave to the television for a good 9 months. Yee-haw!!
PLEASE join me this Saturday night at Josh Wood & Larry Tee's BANK @ Element (Houston/Essex). I will be spinning in The Vault (which means it's underground...which means it'll be cool...which means you'll be comfortable...which means you won't sweat...which means your hair will look fierce)
If you'd like to be on my guest list, e-mail me by Friday night.