This year the 2 divas were joined by Jai Rodriguez , Megan Hilty, Gavin Creel, and Chester Gregory II for an evening of surprise performances and the ever-present costume contest. The winner was this fine specimen to the right (Brandon, who is a bartender at therapy) in a costume called "Brazilian Sun God". With an emphasis on the God.
If you would like to give to BCEFA, please visit this site and give what you can...
Downtown dirty bad boy Daniel Nardicio (Triple XXX, Magnum, Tigerbeat Underwear Party) joins forces with hottie porn star Owen Hawk to bring you the raunchiest Halloween yet. With an all porn star cast of go-go boys featuring Damon Demarco, Corey Koons, Ricky Gonzales and others dancing totally nekkid, there is no telling what just might happen... Win prizes in their gameshow "Fisting for Dollars", plus tons of hot boys in a no holds barred atmosphere. Plus, Owen will be giving his infamous "Flu Shots" all night for $10.
No. 1 Chinese 50 Avenue B (in the basement) Limited tickets available $20 day off, $15 in advance click here for tickets or call (877)-232-8450
I came across both this image on Apple's website as well as this news story and I began to cry. This was a woman who had the courage to stand up for what she believes and in doing so caused change in the civil rights of our country...just by demanding human equality. To know that she will be treated with the utmost respect she so rightly deserves in our nation's capitol fills my heart with hope.
May our country keep moving forward with progress towards equal rights for all the way she hoped it would.
This is my weekly CRITICAL LIST (i.e. thing that are deemed "musts"):
* Depeche Mode's new album Playing The Angel. Loving it. Loving it. Loving it. A new classic.
* Nip/Tuck on FX. I had never watched this show until the past week and I am hooked like Madonna on ABBA... This show is genius. And twisted.
* Gregory Maguire's new book Son Of A Witch. If you like Wicked or Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister then you needs-to-reads this one. I wonder if the father is Fiyero...
* Transamerica. My girl Felicity Huffman (one of ATC's founders) stars as a pre-op transexual who takes a road trip with her long-lost son. Along the way, she meets up with Texas socialite/transexual Mary Ellen played by New York's legendary Bianca Leigh.
* Nardi Gras Radio is a must for those of you into podcasting. It's a weekly radio show hosted by Daniel Nardicio with amazing guests such as Rue McClanahan, Jill Sobule, Owen Hawk, Harry *, and World Famous *Bob*. Download them here.
Just finished watching Madonna's I'm Going To Tell You A Secret and I've gotta admit that I don't really know what to think about it. Yes, it was Truth Or Dare: The Sequel (complete with gritty b&w backstage scenes and crisp color concert footage) and Jonas Akerlund is a genius editor and visual artist but I can't really tell what the point of the film was other than "look-at-who-I-am-now." I love the fact that she is incredibly spiritual and that she spreads messages of love and peace and tolerance and forgiveness, but if that's the message that she wants to spread through this film...I just thought that the backstage moments and performances took away from the message(s) that she wants to convey. However, I was fascinated by it and couldn't stop watching and didn't want it to end. See...told you I didn't know how to feel about it.
*OPINION ALERT* Mayhaps it might have been more effective if she didn't show any performances and if it didn't look and feel just like Truth Or Dare; mayhaps release the concert footage on it's own.
Don't get me wrong I'm a BIG Madonna fan and will definitely buy the DVD when it becomes available, but am I just buying it to see the concert footage again?
I hope it's not just me who is finding LOST to be really slow and boring this season... Am I? So far, the only thing that's happened in the past 5 episodes is:
* There are 6 "hatches" on the island and in the one closest to the Jack and Co. there's an old computer that one must punch in the overused numbers (4 8 15 16 23 42 ) every 108 minutes (aka the sum of said numbers), a shower, a pantry filled with dry foods, and a big fuckin' magnet behind a very thick cement wall. A Scottish man, who met Jack once while out for a jog, was also in that hatch but he wanted to leave so he grabbed a couple of candy bars and high-tailed it into the jungle. And this took 3 episodes to (slowly) explain...
* It took Hurley an entire episode to realize that hiding newly found food from hungry people makes them not wanna be his friend. So he blows it all up. THIS IS IMPORTANT TO THE PLOT?!?
* Michael, Jin, and Sawyer survived their raft miss-hap only to land back on the opposite side island where they are captured by the surviving members of the tail section of flight 815 (aka the rest of the survivors of the plane crash now dubbed "The Tailies") which is being lead by super-dyke Michelle "Girlfight" Rodriguez and Adewale "Adebisi" Akinnouye-Agbaje. Our "super-three" are informed that out of 23 people who were survivors of the tail section of the plane's crash only 6 remain alive. And one of the six is Rose's husband. You remember Rose, right? The lady who does everyone's LAUNDRY??? Couldja?
* Sun loses her ring and goes on a frantic search for it. When she finally gives up hope, she finds it at the place where she shot her last scene: the spot where she buried the messages-in-a-bottle. This story line parallels her flashbacks where she thinks she finally finds love but realizes it was just a bad date and just when she's given up hope for finding a man she, literally, runs into Jin. Guess we're gonna have to wait a few more episodes before they get to do that again...
* Kate admits she has feelings for Sawyer. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
No, this show is not giving me much to think about other than they've forgotten some major plot points from Season 1: What's gonna happen with Charlie and his new-found heroine? Wasn't Claire supposed to be on the island to have her baby (Aaron - cool name)? That's what the psychic was doing by giving her the plane ticket, right? So what's up with the baby?? Why isn't Jack seeing his dead father anymore? Will Sayid and Shannon finally have sex? Will she call out Boone's name when they do?
It's been promised that a woman is going to die in the next episode, though who it'll be is a surprise (although I have my guess....) Hopefully it'll get the ball rolling again on a show that is starting to get as bland as those bananas and fish they're eating.
SIDENOTE: Can Michelle Rodriguez play anything besides tough
chicks? She was a tough car racer in The Fast and The Furious,a tough miliatry bitch-with-a-gun in Resident Evil, a tough surfer in Blue
Crush, a tough S.W.A.T. team member, a tough convict in Control, and a tough vampire slayer in the upcoming Bloodrayne. Methinks she's a one-trick pony. To prove it, I say we put her in a Pride and Prejudice film and see how well she can act her way outta that.
She's on MTV. She's on the radio. She's not at The Roxy.(did someone neglect to tell her that queens are horrible a keeping secrets...)
Gentlemen, start your engines.
P.S. Oh, and please faggots*, don't start with the Satuday Night Fever looks... That's tired on you...it aint on Madonna.
* I can say this word because I am one and take ownership of the word.
UPDATE: I, seriously, have not been to other blog sites in the past couple days and noticed today, while catching up, that Andy Towle has pretty much the same entry as this one which he posted yesterday on his site. I'm so behind the times...
Life can be crazy sometimes. Actually it's crazy most of the time in my life. Here's a breakdown of what's taken place in the past week:
** Thursday - GAY JEOPARDY ends and the night was a disaster. For all those who went to support and to say goodbye: I thank you and apologize. Technical problems, understaffed bar, and heat were all to blame for the demise and Jack Daniels was there to see me through. So happy to never have to force myself to work at a place that is as problematic as The Slide.
** Friday - Went to look at an apartment (2 bdrm) and got all the paperwork to the realtors during the torrential downpour we had in The Big Apple. Was soaked and hopeful that all would check out. That night I stayed in with Shep and watched Crash which was amongst the most incredible films I've ever seen. The amount of layers that film has is a testament to the writing skills of Paul Haggis (who also wrote Million Dollar Baby). If he is not nominated for best screenplay, I will boycott the Oscars this year.
Eh, who am I kidding? I say the same thing every year and still watch because I'm card carryin' homo -- it's our Superbowl for Cher's sake.
** Sunday - Stayed in bed with Shep all day and watched Steel Magnolias (who could turn that movie off when it's on TV?) and cried, then watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and cried all while eating pizza and Chinese food. Gluttony at it's finest, people.
** Monday - After forking over a small fortune we signed the lease on the apartment we wanted. Shep and I move in Dec. 1st to our very own 2 bd/dining room/living room/kitchen/1 bath. The house warming party will be sometime in January, methinks. And nothing warms a house better than gift certificates, bitches...to Crate and Barrel...or Bed, Bath, and Beyond...or even Amazon. Heck, we'd even take a Falcon Studios gift card...
Yes, kids, it's time to say goobye to The Slide. Tomorrow night, please help me say farewell to the show that's not only made my Thursdays more interesting, but has filled my head with useless gay knowledge.
GAY JEOPARDY (THE FINAL BOW) Thursday October 13th @ 11pm The Bowery Marquee (357 Bowery/E.4th)
With contestants Shaquanda Coca Mulatta (Birfday Girl) vs
Rinky Dink Dazzle (Cute, slutty, dumb!)
vs Brian (Country fun in the big city!)
With Special Guests: Murray Hill * Mother Flawless Sabrina * Sultana * Go-Go Karen * Dolly Dazzle * Otis Von Darling * Artemis * Dirty Martini and more...
PLUS: Miss Gay Jeopardy 2005Scotty The Blue Bunny!!!
Hosted by Linda Simson With Spokesmodel Shania Rendezvous And DJ Aaron Elvis
Was invited to see one of Kiki and Herb's secret shows last night at Joe's Pub and had a great time. The always prophetic Kiki ended the show by doing a cover of Scissor Sisters' Take Your Mamaand, naturally, brought the house down (the New Orleans rant brought on by the lyrics "...because the dancers don't mind at the New Orleans..." was brilliant). The show was, as a friend pointed out to me, a test-run for their upcoming Christmas show. And it's not light, kids, I can tell you that much.
* Subway bomb threats. Don't fuck with my ride, bitches.
* Bird Flu. This'll be easy to contain, huh?
* The Supreme Court. Supremely Supremist? Only time will tell.
* The Virgin KatieTM's Baby. Methinks she and Tom might name the child Damien and try laser tattoo removal for the three sixes it's going to have marked on it's head. (hats off to Andy at Towleroad for the inspiration)
* The TV Fall Season. Does every new show have to be freaky or supernatural? Lost is freaky. Invasion, Night Stalker, and Threshold are creepy. And which is scarier: the fact that Jennifer Love Hewitt can see dead people or that she still has a career? Hmmmmmmm...
This October is off to one helluva start and we're got 25 more days before Halloween.